You're a world-class developer. You probably have offers from every "brand-name" company out there. Why would you join a small startup in Palo Alto?
This is certainly a valid question. At AeroFS you will have the opportunity to work as part of a small team. This inherently means that you will be "CEO" of whatever you create. Our size gives us agility in ways that large companies do not have: We push out code almost daily (on a desktop platform!) to thousands of users.
Most importantly, we're not just building a company; we're building a family. Many of us are new to the area, so company trips, get togethers, and BBQs are par for the course!
- Build next-generation web applications designed for both desktop and mobile browsers
- Implement and maintain beautiful user interfaces
- Collaborate on the creation of new and existing features
We really, really, want you to have:
- UI Design knowledge
- Experience developing high-quality production web applications
Ideally, you should also have:
- B.S, M.S, or Ph.D., in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Proficiency with Python in an established web framework (e.g. Flask, Django)
- Experience developing custom UI elements, proficiency with Photoshop or similar software
- Strong knowledge of objected-oriented programming
- Familiarity with the UNIX working environment
- Please provide examples of web applications that you've built
- Code samples are a plus!
- Competitive salaries
- Amazing stock options at an early stage startup
- Medical and dental insurance
- Free lunches, healthy snacks, and a fridge fully stocked with beverages
- A foosball table, Netflix, and Amazon Prime
- Working in Downtown Palo Alto (goes well with the free lunches :-)